http://path400greenway.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Ashley-Kossoff.jpg 796 792 Scott Cantrell http://path400greenway.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo-path400.jpg Scott Cantrell2017-08-04 15:19:352017-08-04 15:30:18Top Ten Ways To Use PATH400
Denise Starling, executive director of Livable Buckhead, gives us the dirt on PATH400 progress.
- To get to work – A lot people who live in Brookhaven or Buckhead could use PATH400 to get to work if they also work in this area. A great example – Herb Silver, who lives in North Buckhead and rides to his Sensible Wellness clinic in the Buckhead Village. Be like Herb!
- Take your meetings to a new creative level – Get the creative juices flowing by taking your meeting outside. A walk along PATH400 provides an excellent change of scenery which is proven to result in more creative thought and is sure to make your meeting more productive while you log those steps.
- At lunch – We all know we sit too much during the day and our butts are getting bigger as a result! Use the time at lunch to start a walking club or just get out by yourself with those headphones, Spotify and a little 80’s music to get you moving.
- With kids – Got a crazed pack of scooter fanatics? Well we have some fun for them! PATH400 has some nice hills that are sure to please even the most daring of scooter riders. Don’t forget your helmet and safety gear!
- Reduce your healthcare premiums – Many insurance companies offer discounts for participation in wellness programs, and many of those measure your progress by counting your daily steps. So strap on your Fitbit and hit the trail!
- With Dogs – Some of our biggest fans are dogs! In fact there are often as many dogs on PATH400 as there are people. What better way to give your best friend a little exercise than getting out on PATH400? We have dog waste stations supplied by the Buckhead Coalition in key locations so you are never left without a bag. Please cleanup after your pet!
- Take a jog – If your jogging route has been set for years and you’ve neglected to incorporate PATH400 into it, it’s time to change that. Here are some great routes to consider next time you are out for a jog.
- Have a picnic – Have you ever noticed how much better a peanut butter and jelly sandwich tastes when it’s part of a picnic? Whether you pack a basket full of gourmet goodies or you grab sandwich from the deli, enjoying your lunch outdoors makes it at least 100% more fun.
- Go bird watching – Susan and Charles Loeb describe their favorites activities on Buckhead’s greenway.
- Try out the new bike share system – Did you know that Buckhead now has bikes that you can rent to take a ride on PATH400 (or anywhere else you may want to go)? Using them is simple – Go to Relay Bike Share and choose an account, download the SoBi app and then grab a bike from Piedmont Center, Tower Place or Lenox MARTA.